Ten ways to support yourself and your community right now:
- Take care of yourself physically: Eat well, get plenty of rest, keep moving!
- Look after yourself spiritually – take time to pray, read scripture, meet with others for encouraging faith, etc.
- Get outside in the sunlight as much as you can (even in the extreme cold, dressed appropriately)
- Protect yourself and others from transmittable illness – wash your hands properly, cover your mouth when you cough, stay home if you are sick, etc.
- Be sure to ask for help with things you need too – receive well!
- Check in with friends – do they need companionship, time out, a listening ear, or something more tangible?
- Support the local food bank.
- Give blood if you are able.
- Volunteer your time, energy and expertise.
- Support local businesses, schools and childcare centers.
Do you have an idea to share? Email it to Michelle Schurek email@example.com.