Job Opportunity – Office Administrator
St. Paul’s Anglican Church
10127 145 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
Job Title: Office Administrator (contract position)
Closing date: Sunday, May 27, 2018
Location: St. Paul’s Anglican Church (10127 145 Street)
Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm Monday through Friday (15-16 hours per week)
Date available: June 18, 2018.
Salary: $21 per hour for first 90 days (probationary period). Following probationary period, rate increase to $22 per hour.
Contract term: June 18, 2018 through June 30, 2019. Contract is renewable annually.
The St. Paul Anglican Church Office Administrator is based at St. Paul’s and reports directly to the rector of St. Paul’s. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the staff, leadership, and congregation of St. Paul’s, work in partnership with the treasurer to ensure prompt payment of invoices, and oversee all other matters related to the successful administration of a church office. The Office Administrator will contribute to a team seeking to equip, encourage, and empower members of St. Paul’s congregation to connect with God, with each other, and with the community. This team consists of St. Paul’s rector, associate priest, children’s ministry coordinator, and youth ministry coordinator, a volunteer treasurer, and many other volunteers. This position is a contract position, renewable annually.
- General phone and in-person reception
- Regular office duties such as filing, copying, typing, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Preparation of materials for Sunday services including the weekly bulletin and service menus, announcements, powerpoint and EasyWorship projection, and music sheets and preparation of materials needed on an occasional basis, such as vestry agendas
- Building and maintaining a master schedule of Sunday service volunteers and music teams as well as providing weekly reminders to those on the schedule
- Maintaining the church calendar and website, including the calendar of events
- Preparing for extra services, such as weddings, funerals, and festivals throughout the year
- Preparing cheques for payment
- Entering weekly giving into PowerChurch and run monthly credit card giving
- Overseeing items requiring third party support, such as elevator inspections, fire inspections, copier maintenance, etc.
- Liaise with groups that have a connection to or rent space from St. Paul’s
- Update/produce lease and rental agreements for non-member church users
- Update/produce staff employment contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- A mature, stable faith acknowledging the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the values, vision, and mission of St. Paul’s Anglican Church
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience and/or training in office administration
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher)
- Excellent ability in typing, formatting, and editing
- A self-starter able to work without supervision
- Ability to work well within a team under the direction of the Rector of St. Paul’s and in conjunction with lay leaders and volunteers
- An understanding or openness to Anglicanism
- Prior experience with EasyWorship (projection software) and PowerChurch would be an asset
- Prior bookkeeping experience or familiarity would be an asset
St. Paul’s Parish
St. Paul’s is located in west Edmonton on Stony Plain Road and is highly visible to the west-end community. The congregation comes from all over the metro Edmonton area, , and represents diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds. For more information explore the website: www.stpauls-anglican.ca
All applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- Letter of application (cover letter)
- Statement of the applicant's personal faith
- Include three letters of reference
Please reply to: The Reverend P. Michael Williamson Rector,
St Paul’s Anglican Church 10127 145 Street Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5N 2X6
Phone: (780) 455 0771 or (780) 453 1764
Website: www.stpauls-anglican.ca E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org